The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a KS2 Teacher. If you are an experienced Teacher, this role at Kings Heath Primary Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
You will be required to carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for an assigned class.
To carry out appropriate planning, teaching, marking and assessment activities so each child can achieve their potential.
To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the pupils, during on-site and off-site activities.
To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education
Salary & Benefits
- M1 – M6 (£22,917 - £33,824)
- Access to Teachers/Local Government Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- Qualified teacher status
- A thorough up to date knowledge of the range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and how to implement them effectively.
- A thorough understanding of the national curriculum and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- A clear understanding of age related expectations for children within the Primary phases.
- Know how to use local, national and statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
- Knowledge and understanding of the implications of equal opportunities, multicultural education and inclusion.
- Strong application of ICT to enhance children’s learning.
- Know the legal requirements, national policy and guidance on the safeguarding of children.
- Ability to prepare and plan effectively and meet each child’s need.
- Good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to prioritise and management time effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team allowing the development of others whilst leading in your own expert area.
We are looking for dynamic and driven professionals who are brave and will break the mould of the current education system and make the difference to the community KHPA serves. This is a very exciting time to join us.
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
King Heath Primary Academy, in Northampton, is a warm and welcoming school at the very heart of the community.
The school provides a continuous learning journey for children from three to eleven years old and responds to developing and changing needs as pupils move through the school. As a result of high expectations, children make good progress and achieve well.
Learning is made interesting and fun so children enjoy school and have a real enthusiasm for education.
Please submit your application via our website.
Kings Heath Primary Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.