Would you like to be involved in developing our new French language section and be part of an exciting international school environment?
European School Copenhagen is expanding by adding a new French language section and is looking for a class teacher for the French language nursery class (age group 5-6).
About the school
European School Copenhagen (ESCPH) is a public, international school under the Municipality of Copenhagen and a department of the internationally acknowledged Sankt Annæ Gymnasium.
ESCPH opened in August 2014 with four primary classes in an English and a Danish language section and today has 15 classes from class 0-5 in primary and class 1-2 in secondary.
In the coming school year, the school will open four classes in a new French language section. When the school is fully phased in, the school will have nearly 1,000 pupils across three language sections: Danish, English and French.
ESCPH is an accredited school within the established European School system, combining the rigorous educational requirements for European Schools with Danish pedagogy and working guidelines.
The school is based in a newly constructed school building in the Carlsberg City district of Copenhagen, a few stops away from Copenhagen Central Station.
Permanent, full-time position as French class teacher in the primary department of European School Copenhagen (age group 5-6)
- Teaching qualification is essential
- Fluent in French/mother tongue proficiency
- Good knowledge of English which is the common language at the school
- Experience as a class teacher
- Proven experience in teaching the relevant age group – age 5-11
- Outstanding commitment and ability to engage students and help them develop their social, creative and academic skills
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with international or intercultural education
- IT proficiency
- Proactive attitude to school development
- Experience teaching French as a second language or additional language is an advantage but not a requirement
- A dynamic work environment by which you can participate in the development of our school
- A management culture of cooperation, dialogue and trust, and inclusion of employees and parents
- Motivated and committed parents
- Dedicated colleagues from many different countries
- Training opportunities
- Salary and employment conditions in accordance with relevant collective agreements
The City of Copenhagen perceives diversity as a resource and appreciates that each employee contributes with his or her particular background, personality, competences and skills.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Head of Primary Hanne Schmidt on +45 24 78 23 02.
For more information about the school, please visit: www.escph.dk.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call our school office on +45 3614 0190.
Job start is August 1, 2019.
Please apply online via the link below no later than Thursday May 23, 2019.
You will need to answer some standard questions in Danish, then upload your application and the relevant documents (as a minimum a cover letter and your CV).