Girton Glebe School is a place for learning and enjoyment, where we focus on our pupils fulfilling their potential as valued members of our school community. We are a village school, located 2 miles north-west of the bustling city of Cambridge.
We are seeking an excellent teacher to join our friendly and enthusiastic teaching staff, teaching a mixed-year Year 4 & Year 5 class of inquisitive, engaging pupils. In return we offer:
• a supportive, committed and hard-working staff team
• opportunities to develop leadership skills alongside classroom teaching
• strong commitment to continuing professional development
• an inclusive school with well-behaved and creative children
• an Ofsted “Good” rating
Our successful candidate will:
• demonstrate a commitment to high standards and high expectations
• be committed to the very best teaching and learning in a mixed-year environment
• understand a cross-curricular approach and bring exciting ideas to their pupils
• show strong abilities in the use of ICT in teaching and learning
• be able to support the aims, ethos and expectations of the school and its community
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please call the School Office to book a visit on 01223 276484.
Application Deadline: Friday 18 January 2018, 9.00am
Interview Date: Friday 25 January 2019
An application pack is available from www.girtonglebe.com/jobs or call the School Office on 01223 276484 to request a pack via email.
To find out more about what makes us unique, visit https://girtonglebe.com/our-fantastic-school and then explore our full website.
Girton Glebe Primary School is committed to safeguarding, including the Prevent agenda, and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We follow Safer Recruitment practices, which include, but are not limited to, applying for an enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and qualifications check, satisfactory references and medial clearance for all newly appointed staff.