Applications are invited from well qualified, highly motivated colleagues with a minimum of two years full time teaching experience in a high achieving school who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning.
Preparatory classes are mixed ability and rarely exceed 23 pupils. Class teachers, line managed by their Phase Leader, are responsible for their pupils academic and personal progress. Class teachers are responsible for the teaching of Maths, English, Humanities, Science and PHSE. They are the first point of contact for parents. Colleagues provide specialist teaching for Mandarin, French, PE, Music, Library and Art; the class teacher works alongside specialist teachers for ICT and Games.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
- An innovative and creative approach to providing an outstanding education beyond the National Curriculum
- The ability to inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and presentation skills in English
- Commitment to a Foundation to Year 13 school philosophy with the highest levels of pastoral care
- An understanding of the importance of continuing and enhancing the strong links already in place with Preparatory/Senior colleagues to ensure a seamless curriculum and transition from Preparatory to Senior.
Recent UK experience and knowledge of UK independent sector schools is desirable but not essential. Applicants will have strong ICT skills and a proven ability to use technology to support learning.
Kellett is a through-train school from Reception to Year 13 with two preparatory campuses and one senior campus. Student roll currently 1421; Senior 620; KLB Prep 320; PFL Prep 481
Kellett offers a truly outstanding education, evidenced by a BSO Inspection, membership of HMC and IAPS, as well as exceptional public examination results.
Further information on the position, and online application process, is available through the school web site:
Kellett School reserves the right to recruit at any stage during the selection process.