Bratton Primary School is a village school, set in spacious grounds in the heart of Bratton, near Westbury. You will be joining a growing village school, which received an Ofsted Good judgement in May 2017 and which sits at the heart of a supportive community.
The advertised permanent post will be for a job share class teacher, specifically working in Year 1. The Governors and leadership are therefore looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic and ambitious teacher committed to moving the school from Good to Outstanding, able to deliver high quality, impactful teaching in this key year of primary school. The post will be working as a 0.1 job share and as such, prospective candidates will need to display highly competent communication and collaboration skills.
We are committed to our children’s education, from Reception to Year 6. At Bratton Primary School we are deeply aware of the key role we play in the first 7 years of children’s formal education, aiming to establish in every member of our school the skills, engagement and interest to become lifelong learners. We are committed to reflective, open education, doing so with integrity, focussing on ensuring that all members of our school community are aware of the endless possibilities they have to grow and develop, both within our school and beyond. Children at Bratton Primary will leave us being confident, curious and considerate individuals who are socially and academically equipped to meet the challenges of the modern world and it is our job to ensure they all aspire to the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
The successful candidate will be:
• An inspiring and motivated teacher.
• Familiar with the Year 1 and KS1 curriculum.
• Committed to excellence in all they do, fostering high expectations of all pupils, including vulnerable groups.
• Committed to on-going professional development.
• A highly effective practitioner in terms of planning, lesson delivery and assessment for learning.
• Skilled in the delivery of the National Curriculum and engaged with innovative assessment protocols to secure maximum learning impact.
• Able to develop positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents and exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to implement highly competent and effective communication and collaboration skills.
• Willing and able to maximise impact and raise standards across the school.
• Rigorous in ensuring pupils make the required progress in order to reach age related expectations.
We can offer you an engaged, determined leadership group, supportive Governors and motivated, enthused children.
Hours of work: 3.5 hours a week
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): 12pm 21st February
Interview date: Week of 25th February
Job specifications and application forms will be available from the School Website (www.bratton.wilts.sch.uk). Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school via – 01380830511 or email@example.com
Bratton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.