Floreat Wandsworth – Class Teacher (Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2)
"Everything is positive!" - Floreat teacher
Floreat Wandsworth Primary School is a new school serving a community of happy children and supportive parents. We opened in September 2015 and we currently have a Nursery class and two classes in Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3. We are looking forward to opening our Year 4 classrooms in September!
We are looking for a teacher with spark, drive and grit to help our children flourish in either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
Please download our Recruitment Pack for more details (& photos of our pupils!)
3 Quotes from our Ofsted Inspection (June 2018):
'The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. Pupils want to learn. All those who spoke to inspectors said that they enjoy learning.'
'Pupils are resilient learners. Adults reinforce the message that a ‘wrong’ answer is actually a learning opportunity. As a result, pupils remain confident and ready to share their ideas with others.'
'Leaders and staff are ambitious for their school. Together, they have created a happy and harmonious school, underpinned by their vision to ensure ‘every pupil flourishes’.'
You will share our core values and be totally committed, as we are, to Every Child Flourishing.
Your virtues will include:
- Drive and perseverance continually to evaluate, improve and learn.
- Genuine belief in the potential of every child to be knowledgeable and virtuous.
- High standards of behaviour and scholarly culture in an inner city school.
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
We can offer you:
- A new building with fantastic facilities in which you can create your very own learning environment.
- An energetic and happy school team who will share your enthusiasm to build a great school from scratch.
- A superb professional development programme and career opportunities within Floreat.
- Opportunities to develop your own ideas and personality to make our school even better!
- Support from an exceptionally skilled team including our CEO, Janet Hilary who is a National Leader of Education.
- Training and regular visits from the wider education community such as Pie Corbett (Talk4Writing) and John Walker (Sounds-Write).
- Parents who tell us they love what we do and are ready to give you their full support.
- An easy commute! Our school has superb public transport links and a parking space for your car if required.
Come and meet the Headteacher, Mr Custance, and see what we do here at Floreat!
Please call the school on 020 8353 4195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book yourself onto a school tour on either Thursday 16th May or Monday 20th May. Times available: 7.30am, 11am or 4.30pm.
Applications forms and cover letters should be addressed to the Headteacher, Mr Custance, and sent in hard copy to Floreat Wandsworth Primary School, 305 Garratt Lane, London SW18 4EQ or electronically to email@example.com
Salary: Main Pay Scale (Inner London) – TLRs available
Dates: Apply by Monday 20th May @ 5pm or sooner. Applicants may be informed of an interview invitation earlier than than Monday 20th May.
Interview: Tuesday 21st May
Job start: September 2019
Location: Floreat Wandsworth Primary School, Earlsfield
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Reports to: the Headteacher
Floreat Education Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and other employment checks.