CLASS TEACHER – Key Stage 1
About the Role
Salary: Main Pay Scale (Outer London allowance)
Term: Full Time
Appointment Type: 12 months fixed term contract - maternity leave cover
Required for: 01.09.2018 – 31.08.2019
Closing Date: open ended – applications will be considered upon receipt
We are seeking to appoint a class teacher to cover maternity leave for our Year 1 class.
This position may suit an experienced teacher, someone who plans to return to teaching after a break or an NQT.
We are a successful, ambitious and forward-thinking primary school, recently judged outstanding (Ofsted December 2017) looking for an enthusiastic and focused individual to join our supportive, hard-working team.
You will be someone who has an uncompromising passion for teaching, who is relentless in securing the academic achievement and emotional well-being of every child and who believes they can make an outstanding contribution to ensuring the best for all our pupils.
Opportunities for making an impact will be numerous and there will be plenty of encouragement to try out new ideas and to develop professionally. Please state your strengths in your personal statement, together with examples of how you meet the person specification.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Has a passion for teaching
• Has high expectations of themselves and the children
• Is a real team player, able to go the extra mile
• Has a proven track record as an outstanding classroom practitioner with an excellent understanding of strategies to accelerate and sustain progress
• Has the ability and determination to inspire and motivate children to achieve their best
• Is articulate and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
We can offer:
• Strong leadership and a caring, supportive, enthusiastic staff team of practitioners
• High quality professional development
• Extremely well-resourced school with excellent ICT provision
• First class facilities, working environment
• Good transport links
For further information about the school, please visit www.beaumont.croydon.sch.uk
Visits are warmly welcome.
This post is suitable for NQT’s / returners to teaching.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced disclosure from the criminal records bureau is essential. Two references from recent Headteachers or Senior Leaders and a full document check are also required. Any offer of a job will be subject to satisfactory references, as required.
See downloadable application pack: letter from Headteacher, job description and person specification, and Application Form.
Tel: 020 8660 7707 – e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesson observations and interviews by arrangement.