OASIS ACADEMY BYRON Class Teacher Key Stage 2
Contract type: Full time 2 year fixed term
Byron is a fun and exciting place to work. ‘I love working for the academy. Everyone here is really friendly and the place has a ‘family feel’. Great move for me!’ (Teacher recruited in September 2014). Byron is seeking to appoint a creative, dedicated and enthusiastic main scale teacher who has high standards and aspirations for children and themselves. This post would suit an NQT or a teacher wishing to relocate to the London area.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you could make a real difference to children’s lives? Would you like to play a role in leading curriculum change across the primary phases?
Oasis Academy Byron is an ‘Outstanding’ one-form entry primary school with nine classes set in spacious grounds in Old Coulsdon.
We have a Children’s Centre on site and we were rated as outstanding in every area in our Ofsted Inspection in May 2016. In September 2012 we were pleased to become an academy as part of Oasis Community Learning.
WE CAN OFFER:
- A very friendly, happy and extremely supportive team of staff;
- Enthusiastic motivated pupils who are keen to learn;
- Good professional development opportunities within the school and as part of the growing Oasis Family;
- The opportunity to lead, shape and showcase the computing curriculum;
- A senior leadership team that believes in distributive leadership and says ‘yes’ to good ideas;
- A whole school ethos - we always do the best we can for our children.
- Be a consistently good or outstanding classroom practitioner who ensures that every pupil makes progress;
- Be innovative, highly motivated, passionate about and willing to take the lead and deliver an outstanding computing curriculum;
- Have high expectations, a belief that all children can succeed and that the gap can be closed!
- Positive with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Be committed to equality for all;
- Be prepared to contribute to the life of the school through extra curriculum clubs and activities.
If you enjoy rising to the challenge, have a commitment to excellence for all children, have a good sense of humour and enjoy creativity in all its forms then this could be your next move! Please call the school office for more information. Visits are warmly welcomed.
Applicants should contact the school either by e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone 0208 668 4877 for an application pack.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. An enhanced DBS Disclosure and satisfactory references are required for appointment to this post. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Friday 23rd June 12 noon
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 26th June
St Davids, Coulsdon, Croydon CR5 2XE Telephone: 020-8668 4877 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org