About the role: Molehill Primary Academy have an opportunity for a successful and passionate teacher who thrives on working as part of a cohesive team to join us for the new year. Our appointed candidate’s main focus will be to maintain our strong practice in Years 5 and 6. We are a growing school that is driving forward and on the up – it’s a great time to join us on our journey. This role offers scope to take on additional responsibility in the remit of English Lead and will award a TLR of £2,830; this is great career progression for those passionate about English at Primary level.
Our children will benefit hugely from an energetic, highly motivated, dynamic and forward thinking teacher who places them at the centre of school life, with high expectations of pupil's achievement and behaviour, ensuring every child achieves their full potential.
As a Class Teacher you will demonstrate:
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and is able to inspire and lead others
- High personal and professional standards, drive and energy with a teaching ability to provide a role model for all
- Passion and tenacity to make a real difference to pupils across all subject areas and the ability to help children go further than they think possible!
- A commitment to being a strong classroom practitioner and can work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills, developing the potential of all of our children
- A willingness to engage in and support our school’s coaching programme
Our children deserve the very best so our successful candidate will:
- Have a commitment and determination to champion our children to meet their potential
- Be willing to go above and beyond for the sake of our children and our school
- Demonstrate pride in themselves, their work and how they help children to learn
- Bring joy to their classroom, their school team and the wider school
In return, we can offer:
- Amazing children, who are well behaved, enthusiastic and keen learners
- A hugely supportive, committed and friendly staff team, leadership, parents and Governing Body
- A commitment to staff Continued Professional and Learning Development and your wellbeing
- Opportunities for career progression across our Leigh Academies Trust schools
If you share our vision and values and you are excited by this amazing opportunity, empowering you to make a real difference to pupil achievement, please contact the school office to arrange a visit or an informal conversation on 01622 751 729. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and you will also find a wealth of information about our school on our website www.molehillprimaryacademy.org.uk
Please consult the Job Description for further information.
Working for Molehill Primary Academy: The Academy was opened in 1954 to serve the southern part of the Shepway Estate and the roads leading to it. It caters for boys and girls from the age of four to eleven years. It is well equipped, having its own library, dining hall, assembly hall, sports field and nature reserve.
It stands in beautiful grounds that we have developed especially to aid curriculum studies. There are approximately 281 children on roll, of which, 13 are designated places for hearing impaired children who may start the academy at the age of two and a half years. Our academy is a happy, caring and secure community which offers a stimulating learning environment. By developing potential and self-esteem we help everyone to become a unique, responsible, considerate and successful individual.
What are we looking for in you? To be successful you need to be a qualified teacher who is passionate and knowledgeable about your subject and possesses the ability to teach consistently at an outstanding level. Whether you are at the start of your career or an expert teacher we focus on what attributes you will bring to the academy and most importantly what impact you will have on our students. The day to day responsibilities of this role are in line with the National Teaching Standards.
As a Trust we feel it is important to hire for the right attitude which is why we look for teachers that are enthusiastic, focused and resilient to the day to day pressures that teaching brings.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.