We are seeking to appoint a Senior Leader to join the dedicated staff of our forward thinking, creative school. This post is initially a fixed term 1 year contract – with a view to permanent. Cuffley School is a 2-form entry primary school in the village of Cuffley with extensive grounds. Our designated “Forest School” status provides excellent opportunities for children to enrich their learning experience in our grounds and in the local woodland areas nearby. The school benefits from a specialist PE teacher, music pods and a nurture base with dedicated pastoral staff.
What are we looking for in a senior leader?
- A great classroom practitioner who can lead their phase by example; who will adopt an open door policy for others
- Someone who is flexible, open minded and ambitious for the school
- A class teacher or someone already in a leadership role wanting to broaden their experience
- A team player; someone who is personable – one of our key successes as a school is how we work together as a team and build relationships.
- A reflective professional who strives to improve as well as develop others
- Someone passionate about teaching and learning who wants to make an impact
- Someone who is ambitious and committed to school improvement.
What does the role entail?
- Class teacher responsibility in a Year 5 or 6 class (please see attached job description)
- Upper Key Stage 2 Leader (initially, but with a willingness to move) – this would involve monitoring teaching and learning, motivating others as well as being able to develop yourself and make the role your own
- Developing others in their practice
- Leading and managing staff within the phase
- Leadership of a core subject area
- Regular release time throughout the year as part of the Senior Leader role
Why Cuffley School?
- We can offer you somewhere which will allow you to spread your wings and flourish
- Dependent on experience, we can offer mentoring and coaching throughout the early stages of the role
- A truly dedicated team of staff who will go above and beyond for each other and the children
- A school which is truly child-centred - this is an integral part of how we work as an SLT - the child comes first
- A school where staff are given the opportunity to grow and progress is encouraged
- A 2-form entry school where teamwork is embedded through every day practice
- If you are interested in this post and think you might like to be a part of our school, please contact Wendy Wing (Headteacher) for an informal discussion and to arrange a visit. This is warmly welcomed and encouraged; it is equally important for a candidate to feel the school is right for them as well as vice versa
- Look through the documentation attached, if there are any questions, please contact the school
- Complete the online application form or complete the application pack
We look forward to hearing from you!
Cuffley School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. References will be requested for those who are shortlisted.
Closing date: 23/04/2018 17:00:00
Interview date: w/c: 23rd April 2018
Cuffley School is a Foundation,two-form primary and nursery school with approximately 450 pupils on roll. We have a warm and friendly ethos, where learning to learn is at the heart of what we do. Our children are eager to come to school and enjoy a wide range of opportunities. The extensive buildings include fifteen classrooms, well stocked school libraries and resource areas, two large halls, two dining areas, a nurture base (The Oasis) and two music pods. Excellent playing fields and playgrounds are adjacent to the school buildings. There is a well resourced computer suite built in September 2000, which has been recently and significantly upgraded and enhanced.
Learning to Learn
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com