Come and join us on our journey to becoming an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community.
Peasedown St John is a friendly, ambitious primary school with nearly 600 amazing children on roll ranging from 2- 11 years old. Due to relocation and promotion of existing staff, we are looking for skilled, enthusiastic and highly motivated teachers to fill positions in our school.
The ideal Peasedown teacher is:
• dynamic, enthusiastic and talented, willing to go the extra mile for the children
• a real team player, versatile and ready to sign up to school priorities
• confident to take the lead and show initiative
• someone who thrives on hard work, is comfortable under pressure and pays attention to detail
• someone with a growth mindset, who welcomes challenge and is committed to improving their practice on a daily basis, so that our children can achieve their best both academically and socially.
In return, we can offer wonderful children, excellent professional development, a friendly and supportive team of colleagues, who are passionate about their work and foster a nurturing and enriching learning climate.
Peasedown Primary has an ambitious school improvement agenda. We have a strong focus on the basics in reading, writing and maths as well as challenging our more able pupils in all areas. We also value the enriching curriculum opportunities we provide and we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities. In short, we are passionate about the difference we can make to our young people, their families and the wider community.
Which year group you work in will depend on your strengths, so candidates will need to outline their experience clearly in letters of application and state their preferred Key Stage. NQTs are welcome to apply; all other candidates can expect to be asked to take on leadership responsibilities either for a subject or for another aspect of school life.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Please ensure there are no gaps in chronology when completing the application form.
Positions on offer are Fixed Term and Permanent
Closing date for applications : 9 a.m. Friday 17th May 2019
Interview date : Wednesday 22nd May 2019