Are you passionate about changing the life chances of young people?
Thank you for your interest in our advertised class teacher position. We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to our dedicated school team.
Although initially for a fixed period of one year, to support maternity, the successful candidate will be presented with the opportunity to progress within the school if demonstrating the right impact.
We are keen to receive applications from both experienced and early career teachers – we know that both can add a dynamic to school that will support our continued growth and development.
Candidates should be committed to upholding the Christian values and ethos promoted within a Church of England school.
Information about our school:
We are a large (three-form-entry) primary school situated in the city centre of Southampton. We serve a diverse community with almost three-quarters of our pupils speaking English as an additional language.
In Spring 2022, we look forward to welcoming a new headteacher and growing senior team.
We are committed to investing in teachers and have agreed with governors a new 'staff charter' to focus purely on wellbeing for teaching staff members.
Our offer to every teacher:
- Bespoke professional development opportunities. We do not believe in subjecting teachers to meetings and professional development that isn't suited to their professional growth.
- Cutting-edge technology for the planning and delivery of lessons. Use of multi-collaboration platforms to simplify the process of lesson planning.
- A device to help your planning, preparation and assessment.
- From Spring 2022: a ‘staff wellbeing charter’ with perks including, a paid days leave throughout the year for personal wellbeing. A commitment to reduce planning.
- From 2022, the introduction of a new curriculum for non-core subjects that includes the sequential planning, learning resources and visuals.
Your interview day is a mutual process aligned to helping you to decide if this is the school to advance your career in. We aim to make the day as supportive as possible. Any questions pre or post application can be sent to Kevin Brown, our school business manager. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Telephone conversations with the incoming Headteacher will be arranged with all interested candidates.
Closing date: Friday 3rd December 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 3rd December 2021
Interviews: Monday 6th December 2021
Safeguarding and Candidate Statement:
St Mary’s CE Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory references, health checks and DBS clearance We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
St Mary's CE Primary School 2022:
We are entering an exciting new era with a new headteacher and senior leadership team in post from the Spring Term.
We are expanding our team considerably and look forward to welcoming new teachers.