Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term – Maternity Cover
Location: St John Fisher Catholic Voluntary Academy Alvaston St, Alvaston, Derby DE24 0PA
Start Date: ASAP
St John Fisher Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi- Academy Trust, are seeking to appoint an exceptionally talented and inspirational Primary Teacher to join our school from January 2021.
St John Fisher Catholic Voluntary Academy is a successful one form entry primary school committed to delivering a broad and creative curriculum and providing our pupils with access to a wide range of extra-curricular and enrichment activities.
We are looking to appoint an exceptionally talented and inspirational Primary Teacher who is highly motivated and well organised to join our happy staff team.
Our children are well behaved and positive towards school.
‘Pupils’ behaviour is good, they are well mannered and polite and they are keen to talk
to adults about their learning.’
‘Parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school’ Ofsted Feb 2018.
We are passionate about giving children the best possible educational experiences and we would be delighted to be able to give you an insight to school life here at St John Fisher.
Do you want to work in a school that is passionate about teaching pupils with creativity through the wider curriculum? In a school that values educating the whole child within a body of happy and committed staff members?
We are looking for someone who:
• Be committed to supporting our Catholic ethos.
• Demonstrate excellent classroom practice and have high expectations of learning, achievement and behaviour.
• Inspire, enthuse and motivate our pupils.
• Be able to develop, establish and sustain good working relationships with all members of the school community.
• Demonstrate a commitment to working collaboratively as well as being able to work independently and use own initiative.
• Have enthusiasm, drive and the willingness to go that extra mile for the children and families of St John Fisher.
• Positively contribute to the wider life of our school.
• Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
St John Fisher can offer the successful candidate:
• A warm and welcoming school environment.
• Enthusiastic, friendly, well-behaved pupils
• Support for your continued professional development
• An opportunity to work with highly skilled, dedicated teachers and leaders.
• Excellent support and mentoring.
• Opportunities to collaborate with other schools within the St Ralph Sherwin Trust (CMAT)
How to apply
To apply go to our trust website www.srscmat.co.uk/Vacancies to complete and return the following documents and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Support Staff Application Form
• Consent to Obtain References form
• Rehabilitation of Offenders Form
• Recruitment Monitoring Form
Closing date: Monday, 25 January 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Being part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.
Everything we do is to better the lives and futures of our children, providing access to first- class teaching, both academically and spiritually and we are united by our collective vision to excel.
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our Academies, please visit www.srscmat.co.uk Follow us on twitter @srscmat
Connect with us on linkedin
St John Fisher, a Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years