The Avenue Primary School is looking to recruit a class teacher to cover a maternity leave. The post is full time, 0.8 fte in reception and 0.2 in Y3/4, but part time will be considered.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Can challenge, inspire and support children in their learning;
- Can provide outstanding learning opportunities for our children;
- Are dedicated to and have high expectations of children and a belief that all children can succeed;
- Are committed to teaching using a creative, cross-curricular approach;
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Are able to work effectively within our hardworking, talented and friendly team on whole school issues and can share good practice;
We can offer the right candidates:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children who are keen to learn and deserve the best;
- Well-resourced classrooms with up to date technology for every teacher;
- The opportunity to work closely with experienced teachers in parallel classes/teams
- The support of the Acorn Education Trust giving excellent opportunities to work and plan collaboratively with experienced colleagues across the Trust;
- A clearly defined and supportive induction procedure;
- High quality professional development opportunities.
The Avenue Primary School is a thriving academy, within the Acorn Education Trust, set in the charming market town of Warminster, Wiltshire. Warminster is a bustling garrison town on the edge of Salisbury Plain between Bath and Salisbury. There are good rail and road links to Bath, Bristol, Salisbury, London and the South West. We are immensely proud of our school and the facilities we can offer. Besides our bright and colourful classrooms, we have a dining hall, main hall, a library, a smaller reading room and a brand new mobile technology throughout the school. Outside, we have two playgrounds, a large grass field, woodland area and play trail. We offer a wide range of exciting academic, sporting, musical and enrichment opportunities and children are encouraged to join in and contribute to school life as much as possible.
We strongly encourage prospective candidates to visit our school to experience our friendly community first-hand. To arrange a visit or informal discussion please contact Ally Carne via the School Office on 01985 213383. To apply please click the apply button on the TES website or alternatively contact the School Office to request a recruitment pack on 01985 213383 or by email on email@example.com. For more information please visit our website The Avenue Primary School and Children's Centre.
Interview date: Week commencing Monday, 22nd October 2018
The Avenue Primary School and Children’s Centre and the Acorn Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Headteacher: Caroline Thomas