We’re growing!! We have high ambition and want our pupils to reach their DREAMS. We are an exciting and inspiring school for children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.
If you want to join #TeamStGiles, are at the top of your game and can deliver life-changing practise, then we would love to hear from you.
The staff, children and governors are keen to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated Class Teacher to join our team. Applications are invited from excellent candidates, who have proven ability, creativity, vision and strong classroom practise.
We would be excited to receive applications from teachers who have specialist knowledge and experience working with learners who have profound and multiple learning disabilities, autism and severe learning disabilities and inclusive mainstream practitioners. We would also love to receive applications from teachers committed to their own development and progression, with middle leadership experience. If you are beginning your teaching career as an NQT or RQT and have a passion for delivering life changing practise for children with SEND, we would also welcome your application.
At St Giles we have:
• Amazing, capable and enthusiastic learners;
• A commitment to team work, a strong team and a belief in providing learning opportunities that change lives;
• An innovative and exciting approach to learning and teaching;
• The highest expectations of learners’ behaviour to learning and achievements;
• A purpose built school, designed to enable staff to meet the holistic needs of children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent and inspirational practitioner with a commitment to high standards and progress for learners who have special educational needs and/or disabilities;
• Be creative and innovative and able to inspire and motivate all learners;
• Be a strong team member with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Have a creative approach to learning and a willingness to participate in the wider life of the school;
• Have a commitment to providing a broad and exciting curriculum;
• Demonstrate the capacity to make learning enjoyable and exciting;
• Have high expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour.
The successful candidate will be experienced in working with pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities and have the flexibility to work across the school commencing from September 2021 or before if possible.
Work may be carried out in the classroom, outside the main teaching area or in the local community, including other schools and online.
More information can be found at www.st-giles.notts.sch.uk/vacancies and applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the stated closing date. We would welcome visits to our school.
St Giles School
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years