‘Staff morale is high, and the sense of purpose is reflected in pupil’s ‘can do’ approach and their willingness to work hard’ Ofsted 2015
We are the school of choice in our community and we are within commutable distance of Wakefield, Leeds, Barnsley and Sheffield and close to the M1 and A1 motorways. Ofsted in November 2015 judged us to be ‘good’ across the board with outstanding for Leadership and Management.
- We are seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated Class Teacher who will join our wonderful staff team in a school that is high on morale and has extremely low staff turnover.
- This is the perfect role for candidates who want to work for a primary school that supports teachers to have a work life balance and to teach in their own way.
- Leadership at our school is forward thinking - and the well-being and work-life balance of our teachers is very important. We give autonomy to teachers and will not dictate planning, marking or teaching styles. We want you to give us your best and our non-negotiables are outstanding attainment and progress for every child, coupled with kindness and warm-heartedness.
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Headteacher to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a NQT to start their teaching career or for an experienced colleague looking for a new challenge.
Are you highly motivated and determined to make a real difference to the lives of children?
Would you like to join our happy team who have just had outstanding judgements at our recent OFSTED?
Are you committed to raising standards with a drive for outstanding pupil attainment and progress?
Are you creative, fun-loving and experimental, ready to engage children across the entire curriculum?
If you have just thought ‘yes that’s me’, you could be the person we’re looking for to join our fabulous team.
We can offer you:
- A warm, happy school where we value everyone and have a philosophy of kindness and support for each other
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children
- A newly refurbished school with exciting and attractive learning environments,
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, traditional values and a sense of fun
- Well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards
We actively encourage candidates to visit us, meet our children and staff and learn about our values of ‘Friendship, Peace, Love, Laughter and Respect!
Please contact Angie Silverwood in the school office on 01226 710386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shafton Primary Academy is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET).
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our schools, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, Cycle2work and childcare vouchers
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2018. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Noon on 23 March 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are unable to accept CV’s as part of our safeguarding procedures. For further information on this position and to make an application please click 'quick apply' on the TEDS advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.