At Sonning Common Primary School we find teaching fun and you will too!
Come and experience life as a teacher in our large, vibrant village primary (NOR 400)
We are looking for at teacher to join our successful team. The position could suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher as we simply want to appoint the right person to fit in with us and our values. (MPS 1 – 6). This position is maternity cover but with a strong possibility of a permamnet contract.
We can accommodate a flexible start date – any time between 1st September 2017 and 1st January 2018.
We enjoy working here because our school gives us:-
· 2 form entry so we always have a teaching partner to share ideas with
· Weekly PPA time with a teacher in the same year group
· An up-to-date ICT suite, plus sets of laptops for most year groups and iPad minis for teachers.
· Great facilities for sport including a huge field, an all-weather court, Forest School and our own swimming pool
· An annual chance to change year groups and key-stage so that we don’t get stuck in a rut
What we want in a new colleague:-
· Someone who really loves working as part of a team
· Someone who shares and lives by our values: Respect, Truth, Kindness, Doing-your-best and Politeness
· A high level of ICT competence
· A willingness to refill the biscuit barrel occasionally!
Application packs available from the school office. Visits to the school welcome and encouraged prior to application or interview.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3rd July. Interviews will be on Monday 10th July.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS will be sought from the successful candidate.