Job Reference : 003488
The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun is the first choice for expatriate families seeking an outstanding Early Years and Primary Education in the downtown area. Located in the embassy district of Beijing, BSB, Sanlitun can truly call itself an international school in every sense, with no one nationality dominating its intake. With a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart, BSB, Sanlitun is relentless in its pursuit for excellence. Added to this, a supportive community feel and a school in walking distance of the best of what a World City has to offer, make working at BSB, Sanlitun a once in a lifetime opportunity. To learn more about our school, please visit www.bsbsanlitun.com
Class Teacher - Primary
The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun is looking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join our talented team. Reporting to the Academic Leader, you will be part of a highly dedicated team of over 30 teaching professionals. We welcome applications from outstanding, self-motivated and reflective professionals. We’re looking for the right blend of energy, enthusiasm and experience, and a passion for teaching and learning that embraces change and innovation as well as ensuring consistency and continuity.
Teachers will be expected to:
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding performance for all students, both personally, socially and academically.
- Collaborate with other teachers and the Academic Leadership Team (ALT).
- Ensure the classroom is a well-organised, efficient and effective hive of purposeful activity from the start to the end of each school day.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Engage in active communication with parents and other important stakeholders.
- Promote our Mission through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect everyone deserves.
- Possess a creative and pragmatic mind with the ability to lead and collaborate on innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
- Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
- Be committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for every student in your care.
- Be prepared to take on a possible area of responsibility to support the development of the school.
Click on the link as below to find out more about the roles and to apply online via the internal portal. Applications must be made online and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees - one of which is your current Head Teacher/Principal.
Closing date: 9th April 2018
Initial interviews will be conducted by Skype or telephone.