The Governors of Old Sarum Primary School are looking to appoint a permanent, full-time Class Teacher, initially to teach in a Year 1 class. NQTs are welcome to apply. The successful candidate will be talented, motivated and demonstrate great teaching skills. We offer a supportive and professional environment in which we all learn and progress – supporting each other. It’s a great place to start your career, if you’re an NQT.
This is an exciting period in the school’s development as we expand, after substantial new building work on our site, due to new housing developments nearby. There will be considerable development opportunities for the successful candidate. You will become a very welcome new member of our happy and successful team. We believe that if children feel happy and safe, have fair and consistent discipline, and enjoy their learning, they will be successful. We place a strong commitment on developing the emotional literacy of every child. We aim to provide a stimulating learning environment, where children receive praise and clear guidance about what they have done well and what their next steps are. The successful candidate must be fully committed to supporting our ethos.
We are looking for a Class Teacher who can engage pupils with a dynamic and exciting approach. You will have a good understanding of the primary curriculum and will be able to encourage pupils to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The successful candidate will -
• Be an inspirational teacher who promotes high expectations of every child’s academic and emotional development.
• Enjoy making learning fun to enable every child to be a successful life long learner.
• Share our vision to create an outstanding school.
We can offer you -
• A happy and highly motivated team that creates a family environment where all pupils feel safe and well cared for.
• In October 2017, Ofsted rate us ‘good’ in every respect.
• A school committed to the highest standards of safeguarding and welfare for all our pupils.
• An excellent opportunity, for anyone that can offer an area of curriculum leadership. We offer excellent professional development.
• A modern, spacious and wonderfully equipped working environment.
• We provide excellent induction and training opportunities.