An outstanding secondary school for students aged 11-19 years. Our school provides specialist facilities for students with severe, profound and complex learning needs. At the heart of our curriculum and design is our mission statement: ‘Learning Everywhere Inspiring Everyone’
In June 2016, OFSTED recognised that "Teachers plan creative and engaging activities that help pupils to apply their learning in different ways and encourage them to become more confident."
A position has become available for a teacher to join our team in September to lead creative learning opportunities for our students.
This would suit a teacher with special school experience or a mainstream teacher looking for a supportive school to train and develop SEN skills. We would also welcome applications from NQT's with a particular interest in special needs.
We are a forward thinking and innovative school seeking an excellent classroom practitioner who can:
• Think creatively and engage positively with students who have severe and complex needs
• Plan and evaluate differentiated student learning outcomes
• Engage students in motivating learning opportunities
• Optimise the contribution of classroom support staff
We can offer
• A carefully planned curriculum that addresses the needs of all our students
• A collaborative approach to planning
• A range of continual professional development opportunities
• A planned programme of support that is reflective of staff experience and aspiration
• A desirable working environment with specialist learning facilities
Please make an appintment to come a visit us, meet students and staff and to tour our fantastic facilities. Contact Beatrice Serwaah:020 7525 8002
Closing date: Thursday 22nd June
Interviews will be held week beginning 26th June 2017.
To apply for this role then click on the apply button and complete the online application.
Southwark LA and school governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well being of children and young people. This post is subject to enhanced disclosure procedures.