Calling all primary teachers! Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has a great opportunity to appoint a Class Teacher, joining the team from April 2022 on a permanent basis. Our successful candidate will be a part of our academy which opened in September 2017. Our teaching staff at Cherry Orchard Primary Academy provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils, and our appointed candidate will contribute to this and support our journey. We are looking for fantastic practitioners who are creative and imaginative teachers with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children in our care.
Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework. This role includes SATs assessment, therefore, experience of Year 6/KS2 SATs would be highly advantageous.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a graduate with QTS and/or PGCE
- Has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
- Has high levels of success in teaching in the primary sector and can demonstrate how they have been able to meet the needs of children with SEN/D
- Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
- Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
- Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
- Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
Please be aware that whilst the closing date is Monday 10th January 2022, we are interviewing on a rolling basis dependent on the quantity and quality of applications received. Therefore, interviews can take place before the Christmas break.
Working for the academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017, admitting 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6. The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has been judged as Outstanding by Ofsted at their recent inspection in November 2021, having been evaluated as outstanding in each of the five areas of inspection, Quality of Education, Behaviour and Attitudes, Personal Development, Leadership and Management and Early Years Provision. Please click here to view our website and learn more about Cherry Orchard Primary Academy.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust comprises 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider. Click here to view our future plans in our Vision 2025 document.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is part of Leigh Academies Trust, one of the nation’s most successful, medium-sized, multi-academy trusts. Cherry Orchard Primary Academy will form part of the Trust’s North West Kent cluster and be a truly outstanding ...