The Trustees are looking to recruit to the posts of
Part of the New Bridge Multi Academy Trust, Hawthorns School is a highly regarded primary special school for children with Moderate Learning Difficulties, complex learning needs and Language and Communication challenges. The school provides a safe, stimulating and specialised environment for its pupils. Hawthorns is a member of the New Bridge Multi Academy Trust, a group of educational settings supporting children and young people from ages 3 – 19.
Due to increasing pupil numbers, Hawthorns School has teacher vacancies for September 2020. These are excellent opportunities for enthusiastic and committed teachers with a keen interest in supporting children with SEND to develop their professional experience and expertise.
The Trustees would like to invite applications from energetic and highly motivated teachers who:
- Are highly organised and can teach structured sequences of lessons
- Understand the need to personalise plans to accommodate the individual needs of pupils
- Can work effectively with colleagues in a team environment
- Understand the need to be patient and resilient when working with vulnerable pupils in their care
- Have a particular interest in supporting children with profound autistic profiles, or those who are looking to support children in the Early Years who have Special Educational Needs
- Are passionate about the rights of children with SEND
We would also welcome applications from NQTs who can demonstrate a genuine interest in supporting SEND pupils and who are looking to work for an organisation which provides opportunities to develop and progress.
In return we offer:
- A highly rewarding professional role
- A supportive and skilled staff team
- A commitment to your training and professional development
- A role as a valued member within the New Bridge MAT family
Although based initially at Hawthorns School, all staff are employed by the MAT and are expected to work at any site within the New Bridge Group.
Visits to the school are welcome. To arrange a visit or for more information, please contact the school on 0161 370 1312 or email email@example.com
New Bridge Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must have a commitment to safeguarding young people. This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references will be sought prior to interview.
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Range + SEN (£2,209)
Hours of work: 1.0 FTE
Based: Initially at Hawthorns School, Audenshaw
Commencing: September 2020
Closing Date: Monday 30th March 2020 (9am)
Shortlisting: Monday 30th March 2020
Interviews: Thursday 2nd April 2020
Completed application forms via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org