Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved to a temporary building on our new site in September 2015 and our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry is due for completion in September 2016.
We are looking for experienced primary teachers (Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2) to join our strong and supportive team in September 2017.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who can model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- A person able to undertake phase or core subject leadership
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Someone who will contribute to the wider life at the Academy
- A teacher who will maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Innovation, high levels of motivation and eagerness to take a lead
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of our staff team
Why teach at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- A new building providing an outstanding place to teach and learn, opening in September 2016
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Click here to watch the Harris Primary Academy Mayflower video.
Closing Date: 31st May 2017
Applications will be reviewed as and when received.
Ref No 1848
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary Academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each Academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris Academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
This is an ongoing recruitment process, but we will review applications as and when they are received, so you are strongly encouraged to call the Principal and visit the Academy as soon as possible. To arrange a visit or a confidential chat, please contact the school on 020 3772 4588.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.