Class Teacher/ NQTs/Training on the job are welcome to apply
Walnut Tree School
Salary: Up to £27,000
Hours: Full Time
The Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities with a combined business with over 6,000 employees, we operate UK wide. We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we’ll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
Walnut Tree School is an independent co-educational day school for students aged 7-19 with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The school delivers full time education and covers both academic and vocational subjects in line with national benchmarks. We deliver differentiated teaching and learning activities within small groups in a purpose-built environment. As a school, we work collaboratively with residential and therapeutic practitioners with a focus on encouraging resilience and supporting holistic growth to promote pupils’ well-being.
As a qualified Teacher with experience of SEND including knowledge of the National curriculum and the teaching of Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, you’ll identify clear teaching objectives to specify how each young person will be taught and assessed. That means you’ll need to be able to use a variety of teaching strategies, and build relationship with our young people.
Enthusiasm is as important as experience, as you’ll need to inspire as well as teach.
The successful candidate will need to be motivated and enthusiastic with strong pedagogical skills. You will be joining a committed and dedicated team that have high expectations for students and work hard to improve their life chances. We offer comprehensive training and support and a range of benefits for staff. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from mainstream, specialist education or community provision who are looking to make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To meet the needs of children through the use of effective teaching strategies and lesson structures to deliver the curriculum by:
· Being familiar with curriculum requirements and making full use of assessment information to develop, adapt and evaluate teaching strategies to give maximum benefit to students;
· Identifying appropriate learning outcomes and developing a range of approaches which reduce barriers and help students to attain achievable targets;
· Thoroughly planning and preparing lessons and contributing to broader developments as requested;
· Sequencing and structuring learning experiences and environments to develop organisational and problem-solving skills to encourage independent learning;
· Selecting and managing resources, using specialised materials including ICT, as appropriate, to enable maximum access to the curriculum and to promote independent living skills;
· Being aware of the effects of attachment behaviours on learning, adjusting targets and approaches accordingly;
· Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to make best use of expertise;
· To ensure a high standard of display to provide a stimulating and challenging environment;
· To recognise, value and raise the achievement of students;
· Working collaboratively with Teaching Assistants and other specialists to extend students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills;
· To promote social and emotional development, positive behaviour and, where appropriate to the age group taught, to prepare for adulthood. To be demonstrated by working with parents/carers and other agencies to agree approaches to each student’s personal development.
· To hold Qualified Teacher status;
· Experience of teaching children and/or young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health/Autism and associated difficulties;
· Experience of planning, delivering and assessing learning activities appropriate to individuals’ needs and abilities;
NQTs are welcome to apply.
Any successful application to this role will be subject to Enhanced DBS and reference checking, in line with Government regulations and Safer Recruitment best practice.
The Cambian Group is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools