Class Teacher – Stoneydown Park Primary, Walthamstow
Two posts available:
• Experienced teacher with TLR available: Arts Leader
Location: E17 6JY – Pretoria Avenue, close to Blackhorse Road station
Phone: 0208 520 7026 or 020 8521 3839
Job start: September 2019
Salary: MPS 1 - 6
Contract type: Full time / Permanent
Deadline for applications: Sunday 19th May 2019 at 11.59pm
Shortlisting: Monday 20th May 2019
Lesson observations/interviews: Wednesday 22nd to Friday 24th May 2019
We wish to appoint two new teachers for September, in either KS1 or KS2. We are looking for:
• an enthusiastic NQT - you will be joining a school with a track record of effective mentoring and coaching
• an experienced teacher (please apply whether or not you are interested in the Arts Leader role)
• You would be joining a team of committed middle leaders who work effectively with the senior leadership team on curriculum development, standards and engagement. We are proud of our creative curriculum, our provision for the Arts and our specialist practitioners – this exciting new role of Arts Leader would enable the school to enhance and develop this provision further. ‘The Arts’ refers to visual and performing arts. While it is not necessary for you to have particular expertise in all areas of the Arts as we have specialist teachers in drama, dance and music that you would liaise with, ability to plan for and teach high quality visual art (and DT) lessons will be an important aspect of the role.
Stoneydown Park: a successful, growing school
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your teaching skills and career opportunities in a great school?
Stoneydown is a popular community school in Walthamstow with a well-established commitment to the Arts. We have a friendly, inclusive ethos and a commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for each child. We are expanding to 3-form and have good quality indoor and outdoor learning environments. Come and visit our school and see for yourself; I’m sure you will want to join us if you do!
Our Ofsted report, June 2017, stated: ‘All leaders in the school, including governors, are committed to providing a broad curriculum for pupils. This can be seen in all classrooms where pupils enjoy the topics that they study’. Our rich curriculum is supported by specialist drama, art and music teachers. We love learning from the fantastic environment we have around the school, making regular use of our adjoining park, school gardens and Walthamstow Marshes.
Our leadership structure ensures that all teachers, at different stages of their careers, receive training and support in order to help them develop their expertise and subject knowledge. Teachers who train with us feel valued and supported. We have talented and committed teachers who are very willing to help each other, share good practice and work together as part of a team, making Stoneydown a positive place to work in for staff and children.
The person we appoint will:
• Be enthusiastic and flexible
• Be creative and use initiative
• Be a reflective learner
• For further details regarding this vacancy, please visit the school website: or contact the Office Manager, Tracey Palmer on 020 8520 7026 or 020 8521 3839 for further information.
• All completed applications are to be returned to email@example.com
• References will be requested prior to interview for those short-listed.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jayne Cominetti – Headteacher
Stoneydown Park Primary School as an aware employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as its number one priority.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We comply with the Department for Education ‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Settings’ guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability including an enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.