Class Teacher - Maternity Cover
Salary range: M1 – M6
Hours: Full Time (will consider 0.8)
Contract Type: Maternity Cover
Commencement Date: October 2019 (exact start date still to be determined)
Advertisement Closing Date: Friday5th July: 12:00 noon
Interview Date: Thursday 11th July
Other Important Information:
This post will be for a reception only class of 15 learners.
It is anticipated that the post will be for 1 year.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed
St. Katharine’s School is a thriving primary school set in the heart of Savernake Forest, just outside of the busy market town of Marlborough. We are a small, popular primary school (98 NOR), committed to the learning and development of the whole child. Our teachers are both creative and forward thinking, using approaches that make learning exciting and enjoyable for all, within a school culture that encourages innovation. We are committed to developing children as enquiring thinkers, using strategies that fully involve them in their own learning. Our aim is to develop and revisit pedagogy that is rooted in research and a strong understanding of the things that make learning stick.
This is an exciting opportunity to for someone looking to join our forward thinking school.
We can offer you
- a warm, professional workplace where everyone is valued.
- motivated, engaged learners, who love a challenge!
- a unique and beautiful environment to work in.
- staff who are excited by their work and who possess great team spirit and a sense of fun.
- a strong commitment to your on-going professional development.
- opportunities for you to develop curriculum leadership skills and be a fully involved member of our team.
In return we are looking for someone who:
- is a reflective, well organised and self-motivated practitioner
- can create a warm, positive and engaging classroom environment.
- takes a creative and exciting approach to planning learning.
- has high expectations of everyone in their class and of themselves.
- has a rigorous approach to AFL and pupil progress.
- can work collaboratively, with a sense of humour, as part of our supportive team.
- views themselves as a learner and welcomes feedback as an opportunity to improve.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01672 870492 to arrange.
The school is close to both Hungerford (M4 Junction14 is only 15 minutes away) and Swindon (M4 Junction 15 is only 30 minutes away).
Excalibur Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.