Thorpe Lea Primary School is at the heart of our thriving community. High aspirations coupled with collaborative, positive relationships between all our stakeholders are the key to our success.
October 2016 - we were graded by Ofsted as a 'Good' school with an 'Outstanding' Early Years.
This is an exciting time for Thorpe Lea Primary; the school is progressing rapidly! We recognise the importance of nurturing a love of learning in our children; to inspire them to reach for the stars. We embrace the role we play in moulding responsible, happy and enthusiastic citizens of the future. At Thorpe Lea Primary School, we are committed to enhancing the life chances of our children through an enriching and nurturing environment, with values-based principles and first class teaching and learning.
We would love to hear from teachers who have the skills, energy and drive to innovate and inspire the children that they teach and who enjoy teaching from a topic based curriculum.
- To plan and deliver a motivating curriculum, which helps pupils to embed effective personal, social and communication skills as well as develop strong English and mathematics through rich learning experiences;
- To target and track children’s progress through assessment for learning and continuous assessment of the development of individual children in line with school expectations;
- To create and develop an enriching, interactive and stimulating learning environment;
- To develop strong working partnerships with parents, other school staff, governors and external specialists;
- To take full responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children, ensuring that all procedures for Child Protection, Health, Safety and Security, Confidentiality and Data Protection are adhered to at all times, and close attention is paid to the physical, emotional, social and welfare needs of all the children.
- Subject leadership if applicable
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Be a committed professional with vision and drive
- Be able to work as part of team
- Support the values of our school
- Have an ability to communicate effectively
We can offer you:
- A collaborative learning culture with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- Wonderful children who are friendly, happy and willing to learn
- A bright and welcoming school environment
- Continuous professional development and opportunities for progression
Salary depending on qualifications and experience.
We actively encourage visits to our school to see just how special our children are and to meet our team. Please telephone the school office on 01784 456398 to make an appointment.
Suitable candidates will be invited for interview as their applications are received, so please complete the application form as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time should a suitable candidate be found.
Closing date: 19/12/2016 Noon
Thorpe Lea Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).