SUMUS UK is a brand new school concept which supports pupils aged 7-18 who struggle to engage with mainstream education. We are small in size but big in ambition.
With NurtureUK as our training partner we have developed a bespoke approach to education using a ‘nurturing approach’. We offer a range of opportunities for children to engage with missing early nurturing experiences, giving them the social and emotional skills that life demands of them as an adult.
We are seeking to recruit ambitious and exciting teachers from primary or secondary school backgrounds and with some past experience of dealing with SEMH needs of students.
Upon arrival you will receive a personalized training programme, dependant on prior experience, in order to familiarize you with the six principles of Nurture. You will have the opportunity to be part of a school which not only teaches an academic syllabus but social and emotional skills as well.
Whilst we have high expectations of our staff, we offer a warm and supportive environment for everyone at SUMUS UK. We believe that our staff are our most valuable asset and make sure they are well looked-after!
We like to develop our teachers and give high quality training to all of our teams.
We wish to appoint qualified teachers who:
• Are enthusiastic, hardworking and committed
• Have an understanding of social and emotional needs of pupils and how this impacts on learning
• Have excellent teaching, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Have the ability to work as part of a whole school team
• Imaginative, unique and are able to think for themselves
• Have leadership potential
• Understand that learning can be fun
In return, we offer:
• A supportive and welcoming team
• A positive learning environment to grow and work
• Specialised training with NurtureUK
• A senior leadership team who care for and value their staff
• Access to high quality professional development
• A happy place to work
• A state of the art building and resources
• A well being scheme that supports staff at work
• An end of year loyalty bonus, after year 1 and 2 of service