Dubai English Speaking School (DESS) is a multi-award winning, thriving, not-for-profit provider of primary education (3-11 years). Recently awarded the "Best Primary School in the UAE" and “Best School in the UAE”, DESS is the oldest British Curriculum School in Dubai but is always at the cutting edge of new developments in Education. Please visit our website www.dess.sch.ae and YouTube channel.
DESS seeks to recruit the very best teachers who will help us to continue to provide this high standard of education.
The successful applicant will:
- Have the relevant qualifications (PGCE or equivalent)
- Ideally, have a minimum of two year’s teaching experience of the UK curriculum and have QTS
- Be talented and highly motivated, with a proven track record of teaching at a British Primary School
- Be willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the School’s vision, including extra-curricular activities
Our Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Accommodation allowance or fully furnished accommodation
- Excellent Medical Insurance coverage
- Annual flight allowance
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
To apply: Please refer to the Job description and complete the application form, which is available on our Careers Page or below and return it by email with the title of the role you are applying for in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs will not be accepted, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Safer Recruitment Statement
DESS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo a rigorous screening process that includes: verification of qualifications, birth certificate and passport; obtaining three satisfactory references (including current / most recent employer and two previous employers); providing a Police Certificate(s) for the last five years from all countries that the applicant has resided in; Prohibition Checks (for applicants with a UK background). Any employment gaps on the application form will be addressed during interview and may be explored further.