We are looking for an inspirational qualified primary teacher to join Chobham Academy. We are looking for people with the ability to deliver creative lessons that children enjoy and feel motivated by.
We are a three-form entry primary phase led by Francesca Perry, Head of School. We have a clear leadership structure comprising two vice principals and three assistant principals. In addition, our middle leadership team is made up of seven year leads and an EYFS phase leader. Our senior and middle leadership team are integral to the success of the academy as they ensure all staff feel supported in carrying out their roles and are aware of their strengths and areas for development.
In the primary phase of the academy, the acquisition of knowledge is at the heart of our planning and delivery. We place great importance on high quality teaching across all subject areas to ensure that our students receive a broad education which develops their cultural capital and fully prepares them to face the academic challenges that life in the secondary phase of the academy will bring. September 2019 sees the start of an exciting new time in the primary phase’s development as we have invested in specialist subject teachers in a range of disciplines including PE, Mandarin, music, art and computing. All children in year 1 and above will be taught by these teachers every week. As a result, class teachers will have a great deal of time within the working week to plan, mark and deliver intervention lessons with students who could benefit from additional support whilst our children benefit from the expertise of highly trained practitioners in an exciting range of subject areas.
Students in the primary phase of the academy display excellent behaviour and a positive attitude towards their learning. We have clear systems and structures in place to ensure consistency across the academy which supports all members of the staff team to uphold our high standards. We value the importance of having fun and ensure every week that children have something special to look forward to. Trips take place on a regular basis – both locally and to places further afield. We also integrate mindfulness activities into our week and have two in-house counsellors.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We have high expectations where outstanding teaching and the wellbeing of all pupils and staff are at the heart of our improvement planning, our pedagogy and practice.
We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team.
- You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree to be considered for this post.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Chobham Academy:
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 as part of the Harris Federation. Our 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the East Village complex, the academy serves the community newly established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham and Waltham Forest. Chobham Academy is judged "Outstanding" in every category by Ofsted.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- World-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport, creating a dynamic centre of learning and the hub of the local community
- An all-through Academy, providing unique opportunities for nurturing and developing excellence throughout the local community
- Inclusive model of learning, with an ethos based upon aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.