Broomfield House School is the oldest independent school in Kew Gardens, near Richmond. We have a happy and thriving co-educational school for children of local families aged 3-11 years old. We are a happy school that strives for excellence and we were delighted that in 2007 and 2010 Ofsted recognised this with an “outstanding” overall inspection judgement. In 2015 our first ISI inspection rated all aspects of the school excellent or good, with our curriculum and teaching rated excellent. In March 2018 we were 100% compliant with no action points in our first ISI Regulatory Compliance inspection.
We have a team of enthusiastic and excellent staff teaching our children, including classroom assistants in our early years, KS1 and KS2 classes.
We are looking for a new full time classroom assistant to work in our early years team from September 2018.
In this role we are seeking an enthusiastic and capable assistant to support the classroom teacher in all aspects of educating our pupils, alongside the rest of our specialist teachers and teaching assistants.
The main focus of this role is to support our class teacher to:
- provide a happy, stimulating environment for our children to learn;
- prepare the classroom and all learning materials needed to educate the pupils;
- participate in the active assessment of the children’s learning;
- participate enthusiastically in all aspects of school life, including assemblies, break times, lunchtimes, story times, sport, music and drama.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping children in learning. We are happy to consider candidates with:
- level 3 teaching or classroom assistant qualifications;
- interest in gaining a level 4 relevant qualification while working at Broomfield
- experience of working in schools, nurseries or in the child care sector;
- an interest in or experience of working in independent schools;
- an interest in sports coaching would be advantageous;
We are also seeking someone who is reliable, able and happy to take direction, and is keen to develop their professional work within a high quality school.
Broomfield House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please see our website on www.broomfieldhouse.com or contact the Head Teacher, Norton York, on 020 8940 3884.
An application form and job description may be obtained by emailing the School Secretary, Mrs Smith, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a fully completed application form to Mr Norton York, Head Teacher, Broomfield House School, Broomfield Road, Kew Gardens, Surrey TW9 3HS or by e mail to email@example.com
Deadline for applications to arrive: 15 June 2018
Interview dates: week of 18 June 2018
Job start: September 2018