CLASSROOM COVER SUPERVISOR
Employer: The Victory Academy
Salary: Trust Support Staff Grade C (£15,935 to £17,936 FTE)
Location: Chatham, Kent
Start Date: September 2018
Closing Date of Position: Friday 6th July 2018
We are currently looking to recruit a Classroom Cover Supervisor.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT). We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel.
Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
In our most recent Ofsted inspection, Inspectors commented that the Senior Leadership Team and Governors ‘demonstrate a strong sense of drive and ambition for The Academy’; ‘exciting links are being built with The Royal Navy and The Academy’s strengths in the arts are being channeled energetically towards the achievement of a prestigious national award’; and, ‘The sponsor’s concentration on developing students’ thinking and learning skills is giving a very strong steer to improvements in teaching and learning.’
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following skills & experience:
- Successful recent experience of working with children of secondary school age.
- Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
- Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
- A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
- ICT skills
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
It would be advantageous if you also had:
- Relevant experience of working in a school environment
- Experience of working with DSEN students
- Basic knowledge of first aid
- Undertaken induction training for teaching assistants
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today! Application forms can be found on the school website or from Wendy Tanner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.