If you want to be the best, then you should probably join us
The City Academy, Hackney is one of only seven schools in the country to have a Progress 8 score above 1 for 2016. In each of the three years the academy has sat GCSE exams, students have made exceptional progress and made the best progress of any co-educational school in the country in 2014. That is great news for our students, the academy and our community, but there is so much more that we know can be achieved, and you can help.
We have a relentless ambition to deliver continuing success to the young people we serve. Our approach is based on very simple principles: clear systems and extremely high expectations. We focus on the development of our students, their values and ultimately their academic success. We maximise the impact of teaching by providing clear leadership, minimising bureaucracy and providing effective support that have tangible results on the quality of teaching and outcomes for our students
This exciting and challenging post requires an enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individual, who has experience of a high expectation environment, preferably in an SEN environment.
You will need to be ambitious, innovative and dynamic. You will also need to have the ability and tenacity to ensure that students achieve our ambitious goals.
The priorities of the role are to lead on:
- Providing professional leadership and management of the Faculty of Learning
- Supporting the Director of Learning in developing all aspects of SEN classroom support
- Manage a team of TAs, with direct line management responsibility for the Lead HLTA and HLTAs
- FOL interventions
- Ensuring high-quality learning is delivered to all students with SEN
- Leading and supporting with key stage 2 and 5 transitions
- Liaising with specialist teachers, SALT, Educational Psychologists and other external agencies, providing support and monitoring SEND students’ access to these external providers
- Developing systems and procedures to efficiently and reporting on the provision for and progression of students to SLT, Governors and LA
- Developing meaningful partnership with parents/carers and local schools
For details about the role and to apply, please visit www.thecityacademy.org
Closing date: Tuesday 17th April 2018 at 9am.
The City Academy, Hackney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.