ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY?
Do you feel passionate about teaching and learning and do you strive to enable every pupil to achieve their potential?
Do you want to join a highly successful and committed team?
We require as soon as possible
AN OUTSTANDING CLASSROOM TEACHER
With responsibility for the co-ordination of Science across Key Stages 3 & 4
Salary scale: Up to £46,827 plus an SEN 1 allowance of £2085 and a TLR2A at £2,640 (pay award pending)
We are looking for an outstanding, enthusiastic and innovative teacher to join us in raising standards for our learners.
You will already be;
• An outstanding classroom teacher with secondary mainstream or special school teaching experience
• Proactive, resourceful and energetic
You will demonstrate;
• A commitment to improving the outcomes and life chances of young people with complex special educational needs
• The skills to continuously improve the learning experience for our children
The post will involve responsibility for teaching and learning within the subject area of Science and to lead, manage and develop Science across Key Stage 3 and 4. The right candidate will also be able to lead, develop and enhance the teaching practice of other staff within this subject area. Additionally some teaching of Maths will be required.
Brent Knoll is an all age special school for children and young people with social and communication difficulties including autism. Many of our learners also have significant learning difficulties. The school moved to a brand new purpose built building in September 2015 which has brought new and exciting opportunities for enriching the curriculum and learning.
If you are interested in an exciting future in special school education in a cutting edge provision and working collaboratively alongside experienced and like-minded colleagues this could be the post for you. This is an ideal post for an outstanding classroom practitioner looking to develop their teaching career in special education.
You will benefit from opportunities for further professional development and career progression as we value and support staff in all aspects of school life. NQTs at Brent Knoll benefit from our outstanding NQT programme. We have a comprehensive induction programme for staff and a highly supportive leadership team as well as three Leading Practitioners on the staff team to provide expert advice and training for colleagues.
We will offer you;
• A passionate, driven and successful school where you will feel well supported in your role
• The support of an experienced school leadership team
• A school that is committed to ensuring that every child succeeds
• Individualised professional development and career enhancement opportunities
• A commitment to the wellbeing of all staff
• The equivalent of one day per week for preparation, planning and assessment
• High levels of skilled and experienced in-class learning support
• The support of working with a multidisciplinary team of professionals
To get a feel for our exceptional school please visit our website at www.brentknollschool.co.uk
The school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and we implement all aspects of the safer recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28th June 2017
The application form and the safer recruitment form are attached. Both forms must be completed and returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the school. CVs are not accepted.
Visits during the school day are welcomed and encouraged please call the school office on 0208 699 1047 to arrange.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing July 3rd 2017