St Cuthbert’s RC Primary school in Crook, County Durham is a welcoming and highly respected Catholic school providing a good education for all our pupils. We pride ourselves in ensuring our school motto; ‘Live the light, share the light, be the light,’ permeates through everything we do.
The school currently has 193 pupils on roll, plus 29 in the nursery.
The opportunity has arisen for the Governors to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Key Stage 2 teacher for one year from 1 September 2017-31 August 2018.
In December 2015, the school had an Ofsted Inspection and the overall outcome was ‘Requires Improvement’. We have made great strides since then and are aiming for a ‘Good’ outcome from our next inspection. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has the determination and the ability to support in moving St. Cuthbert’s forward, ensuring better outcomes for all.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic, who will play a full part in supporting the Catholic mission of the school or fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school;
• Be highly motivated with the ability to inspire and support other practitioners and members of staff; with a strong commitment to raising standards
• Work with the senior leadership team in developing teaching and learning; • Be an inspirational teacher who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice;
• Be confident to rigorously monitor, challenge and have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour;
• Be able to bring, vision and creativity to lead the development of the curriculum;
• Be committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and other members of the community; • Be organised and have excellent communication skills,
We can offer:
• A school with an outstanding catholic ethos
• Well behaved and happy children • Professional development opportunities
• A supportive Governing Body
• Highly effective support staff
• A committed and skilled team of professionals to work alongside
We warmly welcome and encourage all applicants to visit our school. Please contact the school to make an appointment. Applicants must complete a CES application form. Applications packs are available from the school. Please contact Marie Gregory, School Business Manager on 01388 762889 or email email@example.com. Application forms should be returned to the school directly for the attention of Marie Gregory.
The Governing Body of St Cuthbert’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and references.
This post is not open to job share
Applications are to be returned by 30 June 2017