£25,750 - £39,964
We require a Classroom Teacher for September 2019 in either KS1 or KS2. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
We welcome applications from both NQTs and experienced teachers.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust pays a minimum salary of £25,750 to Newly Qualified Teachers.
An exciting opportunity to join a three form entry, newly federated academy based in the Strood area. We are lucky enough have an inspiring workforce at our school who show relentless dedication to school improvement. Pupils of Cedar Children’s Academy are proud of their school and have an exciting environment around them to learn in. We celebrate everyone’s success and provide each pupil with the life chances they deserve. We are relentless in pursuing the best and show love, care and hope for all our pupils who will become young adults of the future.
What you will need to succeed:
• QTS and recent experience of working within a Primary setting
• Excellent classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
• Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good or Outstanding practice
• High expectations for yourself and the children
What you will get in return from Cedar Children’s Academy:
• Minimum starting salary £25,750 for all NQTs
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
• Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
• Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other 4 Medway Primary Schools within our trust
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
• Excellent CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff
• Brand new facilities - the school building offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas, we also have three playgrounds
• Free parking in our large staff carpark
• Located within a modern housing estate and with excellent links to the M2 and A2.
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a large Primary academy, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact our office manager, Georgina Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.