The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
St Mary's Primary School is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated primary classroom teacher for our Senior School. We are seeking a caring, compassionate person with a love of learning.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- appropriate qualifications and experience,
- a team player,
- effective communication skills,
- an ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
- an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices, and a clear understanding of the new Australian Curriculum.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
St Mary’s Primary School is situated in the historic Queensland provincial city of Ipswich, 35 km from Brisbane CBD. We are the oldest school in the BCE family. Our beautiful, historical architecture of sandstone buildings are a visual reminder that quality Catholic Education has been delivered on our site for over 156 years. We are a co-educational school with a current enrolment of 575 students from Prep through to Year 6.
At St. Mary's we believe in making Jesus real through our words and actions.
The dedicated teaching and support staff endeavour to provide high quality, inclusive education by providing engaging learning activities that support not only students’ academic advancement but also their personal and social growth based upon a Catholic Christian tradition.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Monday 26th August 2019
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): To the end of the 2019 School year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Gavan Minz
Contact Telephone Number: 32811998
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window