The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a primary classroom teacher for our Foundation Year at St Ann's in 2020.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- appropriate qualifications and experience
- effective communication skills
- an ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
- an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
- a clear understanding of the new Australian Curriculum.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form. As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic. As a Foundation School the successful applicants will be required to begin the school year on the 20th January to assist with ensuring the school is ready to open our doors on the 29th January.
St Ann’s School, Redbank Plains, is a Brisbane Catholic Education master planned primary school opening in January 2020. The school is located 30 minutes southwest of the Brisbane CBD between Ipswich and Springfield Lakes.
Commencing with enrolments from Prep to Year 3, it is anticipated the school will grow to 515 enrolments in the fifth year, with Prep to Year 6. The school has been master planned as a four stream school and it is anticipated that the school will eventually reach approximately 780 students.
This is an exciting opportunity for innovative and energetic classroom teachers to join our community as we build a strong learning culture from the commencement of the school in 2020.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 20th, 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Mr Sonny Smith
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3432 3400
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window