Location: Bega, NSW
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Salary Range: $65,165 to $114,720 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: Commencing as soon as possible to 17 December 2021
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Monday 19 May 2021
St Patrick’s is a Catholic Primary School located in the Bega Valley, NSW. The school caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 and has a current enrollment of 200 students. St Patrick’s is situated in the heart of a rural community. St Patrick’s continues to provide quality Catholic education for all in the Bega Valley, this tradition of quality education began nearly 150 years ago. St Patrick’s centres teaching and learning on our vision, values and principles.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Classroom Teacher to join our vibrant and comprehensive team at St Patrick's Primary, Bega.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school. Personal commitment and witness to their own Catholic faith is strongly desired.
- A sound knowledge of the NESA Curriculum with the ability to organise, select and design content for effective teaching and learning.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents
- Excellent planning and implementation of teaching programs.
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of learning needs.
- An excellent understanding of a variety of assessment and reporting strategies and the need to provide effective and timely feedback to parents and students.
- The capacity to be a proactive member of a professional learning community complying with the legal, administrative and professional requirements.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Jo Scott-Pegum on 02 6492 5500 or via email Jo.Scottpegum@cg.catholic.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn