Location: West Belconnen, ACT
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent/ongoing
Salary Range: $71,428 to $119,707 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: 25 January 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Friday 24 September 2021
St Thomas Aquinas supports an environment that uses a social constructionist approach to education. As a teacher you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of our students. You will collaborate and grow in your professional career to realise your own goals.
About the Role
St Thomas Aquinas Primary School has the opportunity for a Classroom Teacher to join their vibrant team.
- An understanding and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents.
- The capacity to be a proactive member of a professional learning community complying with the legal, administrative and professional requirements.
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of learning needs.
- A sound knowledge of the Australian Curriculum with the ability to organise, select and design content for effective teaching and learning.
- Successful planning and implementation of programs including the integration of technology.
- A comprehensive understanding of assessment and reporting strategies and the need to provide effective and timely feedback to parents and students
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Leah Taylor on 02 6258 4077 or via email Leah.Taylor@cg.catholic.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn