Post Class Teacher
Employer Griffin Schools Trust
Location Race Leys Junior School, Bedworth, Warwickshire
Salary MPS / UPS with possible TLR for appropriately experienced applicant
Hours Permanent Full Time
Closing Date Friday 5 July 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 10 July 2019
Start date: September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Race Leys Junior School wishes to recruit an inspirational class teacher. The school is part of a family of primary and secondary schools in the Midlands and the South East of England, educating thousands of young people as world citizens, preparing them to make a difference wherever their futures may take them. This is an excellent opportunity within a successful school to enhance the education opportunities of pupils as well as contribute to a much wider community of schools.
Race Leys Junior is a school that has gone through significant change over the last two years. The school was judged to be good in all areas by Ofsted in February 2019 and it is now at the stage where it is ready to reach its full potential – your contribution will play a fundamental part in this. The school is part of a North Warwickshire hub within the Griffin Schools Trust which consists of two schools in the primary sector and one secondary school. Strong links exist between all three schools with opportunities for wider cross school within the range of schools that comprise the Griffin Schools Trust. At Race Leys Junior we will help you to develop your own career as well contribute towards the development of the school within the supportive environment of the Trust.
The successful candidate will be:-
• A good or outstanding, dedicated and resilient class teacher
• A motivational and aspirational individual with high expectations for all
• Confident, inspirational, and able to communicate with clarity
• Committed to developing our children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
• Approachable and willing to work with staff across the school to implement strategies to move the school forward
• Able to develop and establish excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders
• A strong team player, committed to developing personally and professionally within the school
• For candidates with the relevant experience, there may be the opportunity to take on the leadership of literacy across the school.
In return we can offer:
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills within Race Leys Junior School and the Griffin Schools Trust
• An exciting learning ethos and climate dedicated to educating the whole child
• The opportunity to make a difference to pupil progress and attainment with the support of a dedicated and supportive senior leadership team
• The chance to contribute towards our continued growth and improvement as we work towards becoming an outstanding school
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application document. Please include email addresses and direct/mobile phone numbers of two professional referees, making clear in what capacity they know you. This must be submitted along with your CV and Supporting Statement to complete your application.
Please ensure your supporting statement outlines your experiences and how you feel you would be a good fit for this role. We are keen to know specific things about you including your areas of strength and interest within the Primary curriculum and how you see yourself in relation to the school’s vision. Please note that a generic statement will not be considered.
Please ensure your CV contains no chronological gaps and has full and accurate information.
Please submit your completed application document, CV and Supporting Statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5 July 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 10 July 2019.
We would urge all prospective candidates to come and see our school at work for yourself before applying. We are proud of our school and always welcome visits from prospective applicants.
If you would like to arrange this or an informal discussion with the Head please contact Sabine Gilbert at email@example.com.
Race Leys Junior School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and check against the ISA barred list for children, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Griffin Schools Trust operates an equal opportunities policy.