Star of the Sea School, Merrimac is a Brisbane Catholic Education master planned three stream primary school opening in 2022.
The school has a close relationship with the Surfers Paradise Catholic Parish and will be located in the heart of the Gold Coast, close to the beach and surrounded by the beautiful Gold Coast hinterland.
In 2022, we will welcome Prep to Year 3 students of the local area, providing contemporary learning environments which have high expectations for each student to maximise learning, progress and achievement.
It is anticipated the school will grow to 338 enrolments in the fifth year, with Prep to Year 6, and eventually reach approximately 560 students.
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teachers to join our new school community. We have three continuing full time positions teaching Prep (2 positions) and Year 2/3 multi age class (1 position).
Being a foundation school, we require staff to demonstrate flexibility as the new school establishes and grows.
The successful applicants will be required to begin the school year on the 17th January 2022 to assist with ensuring the school is ready to open our doors on the 25th January 2022.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As these positions require classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Tony Barron
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5586 3500
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 20-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education