The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a primary classroom teacher
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- appropriate qualifications and experience
- effective communication skills, an ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
- an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
- a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
St Lukes Catholic Parish school is a primary school with an approximate enrolment of 360 students. Set amid pockets of natural bushland and native gardens in Capalaba, our modern buildings and facilities offer an attractive and welcoming learning environment. In partnership with our families, St Lukes offers a curriculum which supports the growth and development of the whole child: socially, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually and physically. Our staff respects the uniqueness and dignity of each child and base teaching/learning programs on sound educational theory and practise.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 12 Months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: John Cameron
Contact Telephone Number: (07) 3245 9595
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window