Compass Learning Partnership is looking for Classteachers to work, primarily, at Woodfield School, but may be required to work throughout the Multi Academy Trust.
Woodfield School, is a multi-cultural/multi faith Special School with a current roll of 172 (rising to 200 – September 2019) children and young people aged 11 to 19 with C L D D (Complex Learning Difficulties & Disabilities) some of whom may have challenging behaviour. Following a recent restructure of the staffing we are seeking to appoint motivated and talented teachers from KS3 to KS5 who have proven experience of working with pupils with C L D D.
The school is committed to providing the highest quality provision for all its pupils and places a strong emphasis on developing functional communication and skills for life through an individualized curriculum.
You must have a willingness to work with students up to the age of 19 and have a sound knowledge of SEN and a passion for child centred education, an understanding of challenging behaviour and proven ability as an effective SEN classroom practitioner.
What do we want from you?
• Applicants must have QTS Status
• The children want an excellent practitioner, who is interested in developing their well-being as well as their learning.
• Someone who is creative and reflective in their teaching
• An approachable and open communicator with a good understanding and commitment to inclusion
• The staff want a colleague who is supportive, experienced and committed to raising standards
The Headteacher wants - someone who is committed to raising the attainment of all pupils, is enthusiastic and can inspire.
What we can offer you in return?
• Enthusiastic, friendly children and staff.
• Committed, hardworking colleagues.
• An opportunity to develop an area of our creative curriculum.
• Quality continuing professional development.
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews: 24th May 2019
Start Date: September 2019
Compass Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the expectation is that all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure