About Our School
William Patten Primary school is a large and vibrant two form primary school in Stoke Newington. The staff team is creative, incredibly motivated and hardworking. They and pupils work hard together and consequently make the school the most oversubscribed in Hackney. We are seeking to appoint teachers who share our passion for teaching and want to make a difference for young children.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive approach that ensures all children learn in a way that they enjoy and enables them to succeed. Our children are happy, well-behaved and keen to learn. We value the excitement such a culturally diverse community brings to the children’s education. We have a hugely supportive parent community and the relationships with our families are a strength of the school.
We are looking to recruit talented teachers to join our school community. You will play a key role in providing the best possible standards of teaching and learning for our pupils. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational, motivated and ambitious practitioner.
Posts may be in any key stage and initial contracts will be for a temporary one year post. As well as an attractive starting salary, with the potential for a TLR, we offer excellent professional development and training opportunities. We are committed to supporting and developing both our staff and children, and have created a warm and welcoming environment.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are already outstanding classroom practitioners or have the capacity to become outstanding teachers
- Will motivate and inspire our children through exciting, inclusive teaching
- Have a strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for all learners
- Have a natural tendency to work collaboratively with others and are team players
- Are well organised with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate optimism about children and expect the highest possible standards
- Have the ability and desire to participate in the full life of our school
In return we will offer you:
- A warm and welcoming environment built on strong relationships and the desire to ensure all children succeed
- A committed, hardworking and supportive staff team
- A robust and supportive induction process
- The opportunity to work with children who are: friendly, inquisitive, engaged in their learning, self-assured and well-behaved
- An experienced leadership team, who encourage teachers to be individuals and reflect on what works well within their classroom
- The opportunity to participate in a full programme of CPD to support the school’s commitment to professional development at all levels
- The opportunity to work with very supportive parents, a committed Governing Body and the wider community
How to apply
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please contact our Bursar Karin Farrelly on 020 7254 4014 to arrange a tour and visit with either the Headteacher or one of the Deputy Headteachers.
For more information please take a look at the school website: www.williampatten.hackney.sch.uk
Closing Date for applications: Monday 20th May (9am) We will shortlist the same day.
Interviews: Thursday 23rd May (We reserve the right to interview exceptional candidates prior to the closing date).
We welcome applications from NQTs
If you have the skills and drive to be successful in this role, please download the attached documents and submit the application form to Karin Farrelly at email@example.com
William Patten Primary is committed to safeguarding all children. Successful candidates will require a DBS clearance and suitable references before commencing employment. We are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion and welcome applications from all section of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age