Salary: GBP £4,216.76 per year (Scale Point 1 (£9.25 per hour))
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: January 2021
We are on an exciting journey at Chellaston Academy. We have a newly appointed Headteacher this academic year, and new additions to our Senior Team too. Our ways of working ensure that our young people are at the heart of all decisions that we make. Our teams are pivotal to this and we are committed to investing in our staff to ensure that they are engaged, involved and able to contribute fully.
Cleaners have always played a key role in helping to create a welcoming environment for staff, students and visitors by ensuring that the presentation and cleanliness reflects the very high expectations and standards we have for the site. In the current circumstance, this role is more critical than ever in the delivery of our safe operating procedures.
We have a number of cleaning opportunities within our Academy team for 10 to 12.5 hours per week, 40 weeks of the year.
Your role will be varied and will include:
- General cleaning duties of a designated area to a high standard (including sweeping and mopping floors, suction cleaning and spot cleaning carpeted areas, using electrically powered machines to polish floors, dusting and cleaning surfaces and cleaning the inside of window panes)
- Overseeing cleaning stock, equipment and consumables and replenishing consumable items (e.g. soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) as required
- Emptying waste bins and transporting waste to designated collection points.
- Cleaning toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers.
- Using such chemical agents as required in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures (after receiving proper instruction and training) in particular, toilet floors are to be swept and mopped with a germicidal agent daily.
- Cleaners employed in Domestic Science areas are required to clean cookers and work surface areas.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students.
- Awareness of and implementing health and safety responsibilities within the department.
If you believe that you could fulfill the requirements of the role and have a part to play in the success of the Academy, we look forward to reading your application through the TES.
In your application please state the reasons why you wish to work in a school environment outlining how your skills and experience would make you a suitable candidate.
Chellaston Academy is committed to safeguarding children, safer recruitment and promoting the welfare of our young people. Our comprehensive recruitment and selection processes aim to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants. Successful candidates are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks and an enhanced DBS check.
More about Chellaston Academy
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State - Academy
Age Range: 11 - 18 years
Address: Swarkestone Road, Chellaston, Derby, Derbyshire, DE73 5UB, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1332 702502
Chellaston Academy opened in 1977 as a small comprehensive school for 300 students and has rapidly grown in size. Currently, we have more than 1700 students studying at the Academy, over 315 of whom are taught in the thriving sixth form.