THE STANWAY SCHOOL
Pay Range: Local Government Band 1 £17,842(Point 1)
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an outstanding individual to carry out cleaning in all parts of the school, including the use of heavy- duty scrubber/ drying machines.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To clean corridors and classroom floors using heavy-duty scrubber/drying machines.
- Frequency of cleaning to be undertaken as directed by Procedure Codes.
- To carry out as necessary the replacement to roller towels, renewing supply of toilet rolls and replacement of bin liners.
- To assist as necessary with the cleaning up after break-in or vandalism at the school.
- In emergency situations to assist with the clearing of snow and ice from paths and entries.
- To undertake training in the correct use of cleaning chemicals and follow Health & Safety guideline in COSHH.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Experience of general cleaning activities
- Undertake a range of manual cleaning activities
- Use a range of cleaning equipment, including heavy-duty scrubber/drying machines.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in accordance with specified rotas
- Work in an organised and methodical manner
- Take personal responsibility for standard of work carried out
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 20 hours per week, 43 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days and 4 weeks during school closure periods). Monday- Friday 15:30pm-19:30pm.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 15th September 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 16th September 2021
Interviewing date TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Stanway School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Every student matters at The Stanway School. To be part of our staff community is to accept challenge as a daily experience, promote kindness as an integral part of developing young people’s personalities and to celebrate success for all. These form ...