Start date: Immediate Start Available
Position: Full-time or Part-Time on offer
Level 2 - $51,795 - $53,131
Hourly: $26.1224 - $26.7961
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect
The position of Cleaner/Facilities Officer includes support across all aspects of the College maintenance, but not limited to:
- General and specific cleaning and washing down of external facilities
- Ensuring all work tasks comply with Workplace Health and Safety guidelines by liaising with the Work, Health and Safety Officer
- Assist with building maintenance and grounds work as required
- Assist with the set up and dismantling of equipment for College functions
- Bus driving as requested
- Other reasonable duties as determined by the Facilities Coordinator. (see attached duty statement)
Candidates should possess the following experience and personal qualities:
- Be competent in the use and/or maintenance of equipment typically used in cleaning services
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with students, parents, teachers and college administrators
- Be able to work independently and with others as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to assess to comply with Workplace Health and Safety legislation
- Demonstrates a positive approach towards maintaining a high standard of service.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Hold a current drivers licence (manual preferred) with an excellent driving record and ability to obtain a bus licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
Please see the Position Description for further information.
How to apply
If you have a relevant qualifications and/or experience, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the online application below
- Write a covering letter which outlines how your skills and experience makes you the best candidate for this role
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications for this role will close 4.00pm Friday 22nd November 2019.