About the role: Molehill Primary Academy has a great opportunity to appoint a Cleaner on a part-time basis; 3.00pm - 5.00pm Monday to Friday during Term Time plus 5 additional weeks inset for deep cleans. Our successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the designated areas of the academy premises are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. Joining us as soon as possible, this role is ideal for candidates seeking part-time afternoon work. The role is fixed term in the first instance until 31st August 2020 with every intention to extend thereafter. There are opportunities for overtime throughout the year. Click here to review the job description.
Reporting to the Caretaker / Estates Manager, the post-holder will undertake the following duties;
- Cleaning, washing, catch mopping and sweeping
- Emptying of litter bins
- Polishing and dusting where appropriate
- Using powered equipment (e.g. Vacuum cleaners, polishers) where appropriate
- Undertake major cleaning during academy holidays as agreed with the Facilities Manager
- The designated areas may include toilets, washrooms and corridors
- Duties will vary between term and closure periods
- All duties must be carried out within the codes of practice of the Academy’s Health and Safety Policy
- We are looking for our successful candidate to have the following skills and attributes;
- No formal qualifications required
- Is flexible and prepared to take on a range of tasks
- Is able to communicate appropriately with young people and adults
- Is able to work as part of a team
- Is prepared to undergo further training if required.
Working at the Academy: Our academy is part of Leigh Academies Trust and caters for the education of over 280 pupils from the Shepway area of Maidstone, Kent. Our highly experienced and committed team of staff and Governors work closely together to support the needs of all pupils, both in mainstream school and in our highly respected unit for pupils with a severe hearing impairment. We are fortunate to have extensive grounds and well equipped classrooms making Molehill Primary Academy an excellent environment for children to learn in.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. All roles within the Trust are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Leigh Academies Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. This is for all senior, teaching and support staff appointments. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interview activities may vary. We will still conduct face to face interviews where possible, and will abide by social distancing protocols such as no hand-shaking, using large meeting rooms, etc. Candidates will be given the option to interview via online video if you cannot attend in person - this can be discussed if your application is shortlisted. If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch with the LAT Talent Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.