20 hours per week/42.9 weeks per year
The Federation and Academy
Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our fourth consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’.
To undertake cleaning duties at the school in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
- All internal areas including classrooms, offices, toilets to be cleaned daily, with approved materials and chemicals in accordance with local guidelines and health and safety regulations.
- All floor areas and stairwells (carpet and hard floor areas) to be vacuumed mopped or suitably cleaned daily.
- All furniture in classrooms and offices including desks and tables to be cleaned daily as directed.
- All furniture in toilet areas (vanity units; wash hand basins; toilet pans and urinals) to be cleaned daily as directed.
- All door windows and kick-plates to be cleaned when necessary.
- All rubbish to be cleared, bagged and removed to the appropriate bin collection point daily.
- Clean up body fluids, vomit and other soiling as soon as practicable, using approved materials and chemicals.
- To have a general awareness of security issues (doors, windows, intruders, etc.) throughout the College.
- To make reports on damage or graffiti to the Senior Site Supervisor when discovered during the course of cleaning duty.